November 16, 2022 - December 9, 2022
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us for a personal guided tour of the Thomas Edison Center at Menlo Park!
This includes presentations and tours of the Museum Building & Edison Memorial Tower
What’s included in a tour?
- Learn about what inspired Thomas Edison’s 400 patents
- View numerous original artifacts, including light bulbs
- Listen to vintage recordings played on original Edison phonographs
- See a model of Edison’s laboratory constructed with pieces of the original building
- Try the hands-on exhibits
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Thomas Edison
Tours and presentations to be given by:
Limited Space! First come, first served
Parking is on the street, in front of the building or on the side street
$10 per person
$25 per person includes a pizza dinner at nearby Tommy’s Tavern & Tap, 1007 US-1, Edison
TIME: 5:30 Doors Open, 6:00 – 7:30 Presentation and Tour
***** Did You Know? *****
Thomas Alva Edison, the world’s greatest inventor, lived and worked at Menlo Park from 1876 to 1882. During these years, he worked on technology that changed our world and everyday lives.
It was a Menlo Park that Thomas Edison:
- Established the world’s first organized research and development laboratory
- Invented the carbon button transmitter, which made the telephone practical
- Invented the photograph — a machine that recorded and played back sound, earning Edison the title, Wizard of Menlo Park
- Created and tested the first practical incandescent light bulb, and made it economically viable
- Developed a completed system for generating and distributing the electronic current
- Constructed the first practical electric railroad in the United States.
Venue: Thomas Edison Center at Menlo Park
Venue Phone: (732) 549-3299
Venue Website: https://www.menloparkmuseum.org/Address: