April 29, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please join us on Thursday, April 29th, 7PM, for a discussion about the Illuminating Engineering Society and its role in our lighting life.
The Zoom meeting link will be emailed to you upon registration.
During our discussion, we hit on a few topics, such as:
- The Lighting Library
- Jennifer Jaques’ new role with Membership
- A discussion about section membership, and encouragement towards involvement with the BOM.
- Explanation of the function of the President and Vice President and Board of Directors, vs the Executive Management.
- What new initiatives are the IES working on for 2021 and beyond?
- Distinction between membership types, particularly between Member and Associate.
- Why do the IES ALC events not get listed on the Website under Events?
- Discussion of the Education opportunities, which have significantly expanded over the past couple of years.
- Future improvements for the Lighting Library Navigation?
Speaker: Joe Belfer
Joe Belfer is the current IES District 2 Chair, sits on the IESNYC Board of Managers, and is a past advisor for the LightFair International Conference Advisory Committee (2019-2020). Joseph is a 4th generation lighting professional who brings his diverse experience in the industry and unique perspectives to the table.